Clear all

Band Selective HMBC

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Admin
Topic starter
(@delta)

There is a y_sel_hmbc_pfg since at least Delta 5.3.1. The CT version appeared in Delta 6.

If you look in the experiment library of the std kit you might see 2 y band selective hmbc’s..  y_sel_ct-hmbc_pfg.jxp and y_sel_hmbc_pfg.jxp.  I’m assuming they are in Delta 5 kit as I am looking in Delta 6 here – At high resolution the constant time one might be seriously good.

Another thing to keep in mind is the very nice experiment published by Ad, Kathleen, and Greg long ago.  Attached paper. 

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Admin
Topic starter
(@delta)

Use the attached version (Delta 5), which is the same as the default but you do not need to define anything in the pulse section. I.e., in the default version you have to figure out a length for the shaped pulse that will refocus the bandwidth of interest. In my version that pulse length is automatically calculated as 1.1 times y_sweep (you can adjust it to any other number you prefer), so you only need to set y_offset and y_sweep to the bandwidth of interest. This also means you can use this experiment in the automation script as a new method copied from the HMBC, where you just change the name and the collect statement to use this other pulse sequence.

Download the txt file and change the .txt to .jxp to use.

Admin
Topic starter
(@delta)

Band selective X nuclei experiments depend on a calibrated “Soft” GAUSSIAN pulse defined in the probe
file.

See the following thread

http://nmr.vuw.ac.nz/nmr/index.php/community/main-forum/update-soft-pulse-and-attenuator-for-selective-x-nuclei-2d-experiments/#post-37

Admin
Topic starter
(@delta)

With peaks very close the edge the fold over peaks in the Y dimension is unavoidable.

Attached is a document that shows how to extract fold over information.